Join the Selden Society - Australian Chapter
Supreme Court Library Queensland administers the Australian chapter of the Selden Society.
The Selden Society has appointed David Bratchford, Supreme Court Librarian, as the Honorary Secretary-Treasurer for Australia.
The Society has also appointed the following Honorary Correspondents:
- ACT - Dr Russell Smith
- NSW - The Hon Justice Peter Young and The Hon LJ Priestley QC
- QLD - The Hon Justice Hugh Fraser
- SA - Emeritus Professor Wilfrid Prest
- TAS - The Hon Sir Guy Green AC, KBE
- VIC - The Hon Sir Daryl Dawson
- WA - Mr Anthony Dickey QC (Selden Society Life Member)
New members are warmly welcomed. No formal qualification in law or history is needed to join – only an appreciation of the Society’s aims and a desire to be associated with its continuing work.
- The membership fee is calculated on an annual basis. The calculation seeks to reflect the fees payable in British pounds, set by the Selden Society in the UK
- The membership fee entitles a member to annual volumes, annual reports, published lectures, a copy of the Society’s handbook, Publications, List of Members and Rules, and other occasional distributions
- The membership fee also entitles a member to concessional rates on the Supplementary Series, on volumes published by the Ames Foundation and on new books by other publishers from whom we obtain special offers for members
- Any new member may backdate to any recent year so as to obtain all volumes from then to the current year
- The membership fee includes all dispatch costs from the UK.
Subscription fee and payment options
Annual Subscription Fee
- Individual: A$90
- Institution: A$110
To apply for Selden Society membership, download the Membership application and return the completed form to:
Selden Society - Australian Chapter
c/- Supreme Court Library Queensland
PO Box 15019
CITY EAST QLD 4002
If you live outside of Australia, membership information is available on the Selden Society, UK's website.